Skip to main content

Ansel Adams Documentary

His life
- Who was he?
Ansel Adams was a photographer and a environmental enthusiast. However, he started off at piano and was pursuing music when he began photography. He met his girlfriend who was also pursuing music, but then he quit the piano to pursue photography full time. He broke up with his girlfriend while traveling for photography, but then came back and married her. They had two children. He loved taking photographs of landscapes and Yosemite. His photographs were manipulated his his workshop to so they would look like what he felt when he took the photograph. He was an environmental enthusiast for Yosemite, trying to make it into a national park. He got a reward from the white house for his efforts and after he died they named places in Yosemite after him.
His work ethic

 - What thrived?
His work thrived after he dropped piano and started to make a name for himself.

- What suffered?
His home life suffered when he was away for long times However, he was very invested in his work.

- Was it worth it?
It was worth it in my opinion because of all his accomplishments in photography and environmental work.

How was he "a true American"?
I believe he is a true American because he took photographs that represented America and showed people the beauty that is still in America. He is also a true American for preserving the beauty with his environmental work and his photography. He is remembered today by many people for being a great photographer capturing the feeling of seeing the beauty in America.


Overall the documentary was very informational and I appreciate the knowledge I gained for this photographer that had a big impact in photography and America.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography Scavenger Hunt Part 2

What Do I like from Others? I really like this photo because I love the stars and late night and I really want to be in a small house and appreciate the world that God created like the cabin in this photo. I love this photo because it reminds me of my favorite Disney Princess movie, "Tangled" and I really want to go to something like this one day. This one is a picture of a coffee shop. I want to have a coffee shop when I grow up. This picture reminds me of the possibilities I have in the future.   I really like this photo because it inspires me to travel someday and hike to many different places. I really like this photo because I love flowers and vivid colors plus it is taken by  http://rachelgabrielsephotography.com/blog/

Time Lapse Project

I am going to do a Time Lapse project. My plan is to come home from school everyday and take a picture of my yard. I have a small maple tree that I could take pictures of so I can see the change in the seasons.

Optical Illusions Part 2